Updated: Oct 7, 2020
Curry masala is a freshly prepared thick curry paste that is used to make many Indian curry dishes (make it in advance and freeze it for future use!).
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 30 Mins
½ cup of vegetable oil
3 Medium red onions
3 Garlic cloves
1½ TBSP chopped ginger
2 TBSP water
3 Bay leaves
8 Black peppers
1½ TSP Turmeric powder
3 TSP red chilli powder
4 TSP coriander powder
4 TSP salt (or as per taste)
1. Grind all ingredients well to make a thick paste.
2. Heat up a frying pan on medium heat and add the oil.
3. Add the bay leaves, cloves, black peppers, and mix well for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the paste and mix it well for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder & salt, and mix well.
6. Cook the mixture till all the water is absorbed and oil separates out.
7. Curry Masala is now ready. You can use it for making any curry.