Guava curry is a unique traditional dish from Rajasthan, India. Guava is my favorite fruit and for Rajasthani's. It is enjoyed by itself, but few people know that it can also be used to make a delicious curry that you can enjoy with roti bread or rice.
5 Medium size semi-ripe Guavas (Remove seeds and cut in small pieces)
1 Cup water
1½ TBSP Ghee (or oil - as per choice)
1 inch chopped ginger
1 Green Chilli chopped
2 TSP Sugar
1TSP Salt (or as per taste)
1 TSP Mango powder (Amchur)
1 TSP Turmeric Powder
1TSP Coriander Powder
½ TSP red chilli flakes
½ TSP red chilli powder
¼ TSP Cumin seeds
Pinch of Heeng
1. Heat up the ghee in a frying pan, once hot add cumin seeds, ginger, green chilli & sautee for a few minutes.
2. Add Guava pieces and mix well.
3. Add the turmeric, coriander powder, chilli powder, chilli flakes, salt, heeng and stir to mix well.
4. Add 1 cup of water and cover the pan with a lid. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
5. Once the guavas soften add the mango powder and sugar and let them cook for 5 minutes.
6. Your Guava curry is ready. Enjoy with Indian bread (Roti) or rice.